Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Moma's Birthday


Now, you might notice that Mama is spelled Moma in my title. That's because that is how my Mama always spelled it, and still does. Except I noticed that she left a comment on my blog one time recently and spelled it M-A-M-A. She can't do that! LOL I almost didn't know it was from her! LOL

Anyway, today is her birthday. Although I know that she wouldn't care if I said how old she was, I won't. She might not want everyone to know. (53 :))

Yes, my mama is still young! I made this page of her and B.4.B. because although I have already scrapped that picture, it was just too beautiful not to put on a page by itself. I wanted a simple layout to highlight such a beautiful moment. My mom loves blue and looks great in it, too. It's her favorite color. She was and is a wonderful mother who took my sister and I to church every Sunday. I learned what it meant to be steadfast from my mom. When I was itty bitty, she took me to church on the back of her bicycle. Somehow she managed to juggle a full time job with being a mother who always had time to listen and talk to me. We used to sit on the couch on Saturday (after we cleaned!) and I would put makeup on her or play with her hair and do funny things to it. She would fall asleep and I would take pictures of the mess I had made. I used to sit in the bathroom with her while she took a bath and I would tell her how I was going to buy her a diamond ring when I grew up. She thought it was sweet. I love my moma! God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave me to her (or her to me!). She's always supported me in my calling as a wife and a mother and loves her grandchildren - and is always willing to welcome more.

Mom, I love you! Happy Birthday!!!!!!



[Siggie.png]

1 comment :

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMA!

Wow, 53 is young!!! Seriously!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...