Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Arkansas Above Rubies Retreat

This Friday, P.9.G. and Baby A are going with me to Little Rock for the 2nd Arkansas Above Rubies Retreat! I went last year and had an absolute blast. This is my 5th Above Rubies retreat! I love the AR one because it is quaint. LOL I have been either helping or planning for Texas for 3 years (2006, 2007, 2008). When I went to AR, it was nice to just sit. This year, though, I really wanted to help my dear friend, Kelly, and volunteered to do the directory for her. She let me! :) It's been really fun, but a big project none the less. So, this is the 3rd Above Rubies Retreat directory I've done and each one is getting better, as I get more experienced at doing it.

Kelly and I have had a great time talking about various aspects of the retreat, things that she is doing differently this year, and both getting uber excited about it all!

I really love Nancy Campbell and her straight from the Bible teaching. It's refreshing! Serene and Pearl will be there again this year singing. And they have a new album out with songs about marriage!!!! Vange will be talking, too. I haven't heard her since 2006! She's a knock your socks off kind of a gal with her strong messages and revalations for mothers!

Woohoo! So, there's my little preview of what the weekend has in store. If you don't know about Above Rubies, please check out their website here! This is an incredible ministry that has been around for over 30 years ministering to women in their highest calling as wives and mothers. I look forward to each issue of the free magazine! Which reminds me that my children need to check the mail because I heard that all those around me have gotten theirs!

[Siggie.png]

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...