Monday, February 6, 2012

We are expecting!!

If you are a friend on Facebook, this won't be news to you. If not, however, here is our announcement!! We are expecting our 7th child on earth in mid October!!

My sister is expecting their first baby at the beginning of October!! Yes, sisters pregnant at the same time. Who would have ever thought? Yet the Lord knew all along. :)

We are beyond elated. There are no words to describe the gift of life in your womb. Yet, I also know that the Lord's ways are higher than my ways. I have so many friends that have lost babies, early, middle, and end of their pregnancies. It is tragic. I'm trying to be like David and hold onto this baby with an open hand. I would already give my life for this little one, yet I know that sometimes we don't get that choice.

I'm not being pessimistic, but I have miscarried before. Instead of dwelling on October, I'm choosing to cherish every single day that the Lord gives me with this child in my womb no matter how many days that is.

See, we weren't even going to tell anyone for a long while. I know so many people that choose to wait until they are 3-4 months pregnant before making the announcement, in case something tragic happens. That is fine and I don't take any issue with that, at all. But a friend said something one time and I've never forgotten it. This was after the loss of her baby and she was later pregnant again. She said that they thought about waiting, but if something did happen again, she would need the support of her friends and family to get through it. She wanted to glorify God and share His blessings with everyone who would listen, while she could share them - while that opportunity was there.

So, when I started thinking about this, it occurred to me that we would never hide away the blessing of a million dollars - how much more precious a child. We only have today. We do not know what tomorrow holds, so we want to share what God has done in our lives and give Him all the glory EVERYDAY.

Rejoice with us!

post signature

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Great way to put it Christine and I never thought about it that way. Helps me to put it into perspective for when #9 comes along. Congrats!

Love, Misty Plump- AR conference friend in Arlington.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...