Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weight Watchers and Breastfeeding: Nursing Moms' Guide to Weight Loss

I had a friend email and caution me about losing weight while breastfeeding. This is great advice! Since I was going to email her back anyway, I decided to turn it into a blog post on the subject.

Weight Watchers has a specific plan for nursing mothers. The plan is awesome because it is helping me to make much healthier choices for me and my baby girl that I was making before. The Good Health Guidelines set by WW for nursing mothers are even greater, including: more milk, more fruit and veggie servings, more water, and more healthy oils. After the first 3 weeks (the initial period when many people lose the most weight at a time on the plan), WW recommends you lose no more than 1 pound per week. If you are losing more than this, you will need to make adjustments to your PointsPlus values allotment, either online or through your WW meeting leader.

Here is a great article on the subject. Thanks for thinking of me Cassie! :)

Nursing Moms' Guide to Weight Loss

post signature

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...