Friday, February 18, 2011

It's a New Day

I'm starting Weight Watchers online today. I've done Weight Watchers in the past, but when I started making healthy diet changes, weight watcher penalized you for having an avocado or banana - I thought that was WRONG. When I say "penalized", I mean that you had to spend mucho points and the less points choice was the one that won out - OREOS. Weird, but true.

Since I'm in the "very much needing to lose weight" category, I decided to google and see if doing weight watchers on a whole foods diet was possible. Sure enough, I saw that they had made significant changes to the program. My mom is on WW and had mentioned some of the changes, but I guess I didn't realize how big the changes really were.

Knowing that I couldn't make it to another meeting each week, I checked out the online deal. Looks like they have really improved it, too. I'm sure it has something to do with how many people are using the internet and making it their source for social activity. I'm not in that category - I'm a face-to-face kind of girl - but since it would be a 1 hour round trip to a meeting, I'm taking the online route. Big P is going to do this alongside me! His 10% goal is probably a pound, but we'll encourage each other and be on the same track.

Now, let me just say that WW does encourage margarine still. No way dude! I'm a 100% butter fanatic. I'll just use my points when I add that to my oatmeal. No fat free cottage cheese for me, either. No egg whites. I figure if God put it together then He intended for it to be eaten together. I'll continue to research that area. We have a treadmill and lots of land to garden.

Last night I mentioned to my good friend, Jill, that I was starting WW Online today. She wanted in (after she heard the plan changes). Guess what - we are racing to reach our 10% goal. What's at stake? $15 worth of Scentsy (our choice)! I'm in!

I'm really excited! I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to reach the million points I have been given each day. I'm nursing so I get a ton of points. Hmmm. Gotta figure that one out.

post signature

2 comments :

Kim said...

I'm so very proud of you!!! I can't wait to hear all of the updates!!

Ashley said...

I just wanted to say thanks for this post! I have lost weight with WW in the past, but that was before I knew so much about nutrition. I'm a whole foodie too, and I thought it wouldn't be possible to do WW because of all the butter and raw milk that I drink. ;) After reading your post I think I'll give it a try! I have a 4 month old exclusively nursing so ill get plenty of points to make up for my full fat choices.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...