Saturday, February 19, 2011

biggest loser is huge for me

Last year I started watching Biggest Loser. You can.not. sit on the couch and watch Biggest Loser. I mean, I guess you could, if it was entertainment for you. It's inspiring to me, so I watch it while I'm on the treadmill. That's something I started doing again tonight. I've missed those guys.

Season 11 is on the radar right now and I started from the beginning via Hulu. I walked a pretty slow pace for 45 minutes - finished at 2 miles. To see these people do amazing things at their weight makes me wonder how I can have an excuse to not get to moving. I have 6 reasons to be moving a whole lot! Arthur was 646 pounds before starting the show (he lost 150 before he came on). Six hundred forty six pounds. I think we all have a point where we say "enough is enough". What a daunting task he has ahead of him. Wow.

While I'm glad that I don't have 300 pounds to lose, I have enough of my own to get rid of. I'm glad to be back on track, but I'm keeping in mind that losing this weight is for one reason. For God's glory. Not mine. I can follow Him and pursue Him and the purposes He has for me and that's all I can do. Keeping this in mind is more lasting than a tv show and doesn't break like a treadmill can.

Don't separate Jesus from your daily living. That's my tip for the day. If He really is everything, He can do anything. Do you really believe that what you believe is really real? That's true focus that is everlasting.

post signature

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...