Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We have a new baby!






Welcome Aiden Luke!!

He was born at home at 4:14pm on Friday April 25th. He weighed in at 9 lb. and was 20" long!

It was a long labor - 14+ hours and NOTHING like any labor that I have had before, but we are so thankful that he is here. Thinking back on it now, I realize that it is ONLY God's strength and divine hand that got me through safe and sound. It was most definitely the hardest birthing I have done before. The labor itself wasn't bad - at all! Everything kept stalling and before I knew it, I was at an 8 and just sitting there eating chicken with my family and friends and celebrating with Aiden's cake! haha!

Here are some pics of his labor and his arrival:

1 comment :

HelenClyde said...

What touching beautiful photos. I wish I had documented my homebirthing so well, but my children were all born during the night in the dark wintertime, and my husband is not really good at taking photos...
You and Aiden can be so proud!
Thanks so much for sharing, it brings back special memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...