I really love the way that it turned out. It is a very easy pattern! You are basically doing the same thing over and over again. This pattern is from Fashionably Modest Patterns. There are few things that I particularly LOVED about this pattern and the product from it.
- It's very high quality! This isn't my first time to make a swimsuit. But, last time, I was a bit disappointed that there weren't more layers - especially for the women's size. The girls pattern has an optional bodice lining/shelf, that has elastic on the bottom of the lining for growing little girl figures. Extra modesty, also, in case you pick a light colored lycra. For the woman's size, you will insert bra cups into the bodice shelf.
- It has a sleeves option, as opposed to no option at all. There were not instructions on the other pattern for no sleeves - and I really was still learning how to sew - so I didn't dare venture out and try something new. I like that the top of this is similar to other swimsuits and I think that this one feature really makes it "blend" in a bit better at the swimming pool or water park. Yes, we are called to be set apart, and that she will still be - in a modest swimsuit that doesn't look frumpy. I really like the no sleeves part.
- It is not hard to lengthen any part of this suit!
- It is easy to go to the bathroom in.
- It will be easy to nurse in (for the woman's size of course). This is different than the other one that I made in that the skirt was attached to the top and thus made it very difficult to wad everything up and lift to nurse. This is more like a "tankini" in that it is a tank top along with a skirt/short/panties combo - yes, all three pieces.
- It has a high neckline!!!
- lengthen the bodice a bit more so that it doesn't raise up when you lift your arms.
- on a girl's size, I would consider eliminating the panty part and just doing the shorts and skirt. I had to use self-fabric lining (in other words I used the same material for the lining that the outside is made from) and it just a bit too thick. A regular swimsuit lining would have probably been better, but I couldn't find any!!
Dressing my daughter as a princess of the King,