Sunday, January 23, 2011

why i write

(just a little note about this whole "lowercase letter" thing. I love it. I love the way it looks on titles. Now, in my writing, I try to use correct capitalization, etc, but when I'm writing a title it just looks cool. Maybe it's part of the big "i am second" deal.)

I write and post because I think it gives me accountability. If I stop writing it's likely because I'm not being very productive in my life. Checking that more often would probably help me to stay on track. So, if you haven't seen a post, it's only because I have likely become too busy to post; not necessarily with great things, either. Exceptions to that rule would be the birth of our brand new baby girl, of course.

You will see several changes I'm making to the blog to make it more user friendly. There are a slew of gadgets available on blogger, but I kind of like to stick to the basics. I'm going to clean up my "what i write about" section because the labels are just here there and everywhere and it looks very cluttered. I don't want to spend any money fixing up my blog, so it will be homespun. Since I have enjoy other things more than a bunch of techy stuff, I will likely keep it basics that blogger offers that I can do easily. I prefer to spend my time researching, planning fun things for my children, and quilting.

I'm also going to try to keep my posts shorter. Less time on the computer means more time with my family and more time for enjoying right here, right now. Please don't take offense, you'll have more time to spend with your family, too, if you aren't reading my super long posts. Again, exception to the rule was my post on the birth of my baby girl. What an amazing birth it was.

post signature

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...