Friday, January 1, 2010

A Place to Bring it all Together

Happy New Year everyone! Are you excited to see what the Lord has in store for you this year? Are you ready to put your own plans away and follow Him?

This year I've learned more about myself than I ever have in my life. 2009 has been a great year for me, but it hasn't been easy. In certain ways it's been my hardest year yet. Through seeking God and learning more about Him, I've learned my strengths, but also many of my weaknesses. I've learned where I try to take the reigns and don't trust Him fully, and I found grace in His arms as I've repented for those sins.

What I think I've learned a big lesson in is that I don't know anything that I haven't learned from someone else. My children will come to me with some new fact or tiddle and I'll ask where they learned it. Most of the time they can tell me, whether it is in one of their textbooks, a book they read in their spare time, or from a friend at church. The other day, P10, explained to me that she didn't really "learn" it anywhere, but that she figured it out and used deductive reasoning (my words, not hers. LOL) I laughed at the cuteness of it - although I didn't call it "cute", because she's pretty much over that word now. It reminded me of all the times my mom would ask me where I learned something and I just "knew" it. But really I had learned it somewhere.

So, I've decided that for the next year, the focus of my blog will just be to learn from others and pass on what I learn via links to other blogs, articles, and resources. I might add in my own "side note" now and then, but for the most part, I'll just be pointing those that read my blog to other blogs where I'm learning and, by God's grace, growing.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm sort of flighty. I'm blonde, but I'm not ditzy - just flighty. It's that creative side of me. But it needs to be harnessed! I need to learn to stick something out, to follow through - I need to be diligent!! So, this will also be a way for me to have some accountability.

I need to talk less and listen more. I need to teach less and learn more. In learning, I will be teaching just by my very nature of excitement to pass on things that I learn and am involved in.

I love order, but can't promise that everything will be on topic - although that is an area that I'm going to work on. See, in my mind, most things just kind of swirl together like the steam off a fresh cup of coffee. They mix and mingle to bring forth an amazing aroma of mixed up ideas that make sense to me; but probably only me!

There ya go! That's my focus in a nutshell and just some of the tidbits that God has taught me this year.

post signature

1 comment :

Brandi said...

i can't wait to see what you share this year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...