Saturday, January 2, 2010

Smoothie #2

Healthy Mocha Coffee Smoothie
adapted from: Nancy Walker from her book Healthy Cheap Cooking (I think I got this free from The Old Schoolhouse)

again - copied and pasted from my post on facebook

1 1/4 cups milk (I used whole this morning because I didn't have almond on hand)
1 tbsp cocoa (unsweetened)
1 tbsp instant coffee (you could do it 1/2 caff if you are trying to get off caffeine)...
1/3 tsp stevia (I'm trying to do more stevia and less honey but the taste is hard (I call it a *twang*) for me so I'm working my way up)
2 tsp honey (do the sweetener to your taste)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
Dash of vanilla
Spinach (yes the green stuff. We freeze it fresh - and you want it frozen- use a small amount and work your way up)
1-2 cups ice

Blend everything (except ice) super super good then add ice and reblend.

You could prep your cocoa, coffee, & stevia the night before. Pull out your honey & vanilla too. Don't grind your flax until right before you use it - you could put it in the coffee grinder and have it ready. Just prepare everything you can to aid in quickly putting it together in the morning.

It is incredibly yummy and could really curb your desire to run to starbucks for a $5 coffee. If you have big financial goals, like we do this year, that will help.


~update~ It is possible to put too much spinach in this smoothie!

post signature

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...