Friday, January 1, 2010

Clutter Clutter Everywhere

Decluttering...That's one of the many modes I'm in currently, and one of my strongest goals for 2010.

Here's a great post on the subject from Simple Mom. I'm a pile maker myself. I'm loving this blog. It's kind of ironic, because I want to be simple and have even threatened to be a minimalist, and yet my blog is Little Bit of Everything Mama, which suits me very well. Maybe I'll try to find a middle ground this year.

And another good post from Simple Mom. None of this was new information to me, but was a reminder that I need to apply to what actually comes into my home, instead of just what I have currently.

Aha, just the thing I was looking for. Keeping Your Home Clutter-Free!

Currently I'm in the "was breakfast nook - then prayer room - now gym". I've cleaned off the buffet and cleaned it out as well. Just have a few things on the top and it will be clutter-free. I'm so tempted to put something on top of it just to keep it clutter free. Maybe I'll seek out one of those mail organizers or a basket to house things that are going out of the house. I also decluttered the game closet, went through all the games, relocated them, and am now using that space for our bulk toilet paper, paper towels, soaps and cleaners.

Another tactic we are implementing is this labeled box/card system that I read about in Jim-Bob and Michelle Duggar's book "Duggars: 20 and Counting". (here's one of those side notes: This is an incredible book of living a life for God's glory and raising children to do the same). She properly credits Emily Barnes' book Survival for Busy Women, for the idea.

When we were on our way home from our annual Christmas camping trip, I told Big P my plan. Later that afternoon I went to Walmart for the supplies and yesterday I started in on my plan. It's going good, but I better get back to it!


post signature

1 comment :

Brandi said...

keep the momentum going. Our CHristmas stuff gets put away tomorrow. THen I can really get going with our decluttering plan. i am glad you liked the Simple Mom blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...