Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Wow - it's been a while since I updated my blog. I'll try to keep this bullet pointed!

  • I have a new blog for those that are interested - it's called A Blessing Each Day and is my attempt at improving my photography skills using my Christmas gift from hubby - a Nikon D60 DSLR! it hasn't been updated either, but I have taken a picture every day, and just need to upload them.
  • We just returned home from our Christmas Camping Trip - which took place after Christmas this year. We left on the 26th and returned home today. Our intention was to go to Bonham State Park, but when we got there, picked a spot, and started to set up, we realized there was no water and no one there to help us! So, we packed up and headed for Cooper Lake State Park - where we had water and sewer (ahhh)! Heehee Had an incredible time and took a 2 mile hike one day, geocached one day, and spent one day looking for herbs to remedy a cold I was coming down with. I tend to run from sinus infection into full blown brochitus, so we needed to do something quick. I'm happy to announce that today I'm 95% better! We also spent a lot of time playing Clue and Are You Smarter than a 5th grader - two games our children got for Christmas.
  • We had an incredible Christmas. How was yours? My parents and sister came over on Christmas morning and we spent a wonderful time together opening presents and eating, and playing games. They had to leave early when my Mema was being taken from the nursing home to a local hospital because she seemed out of sorts. She's 91 years old, so that is understandable. They sent her home that night after diagnosing a UTI and rehydrating her.
  • My dad is starting to breathe again! He's on a newish medication, that without my mom's insurance, would cost them $8,930 per month (and is instead costing $12). Is it outrageous to anyone but me that they can charge this much for meds?! Anyway, they are helping and we are praising the Lord! He was actually able to lay down in bed for 2 hours. He's been sleeping, sitting, resting, and otherwise doing EVERYTHING in a recliner for a month now!
  • Scrap Matters is gearing up for a great year of more incredible digi scrapping challenges. These ladies are awesome (owner, designers, creative team, scrap matters gang, and all the ladies that make it a great digi home). Check it out - Scrap Matters.
  • And I'm gung ho - fired up - to declutter! I've joined the classes at Christian-homemaking.com and am doing the Desperate Declutter Boot Camp. Why? Because I'm desperate! I've gathered my supply list of needed items and am on fire!
  • Does the New Year fire you up? It does me! There is something fresh about the New Year that gets me set up to make some wonderful changes in my life. More on those to come.
  • I'm going to be spending on Thursday with my Heavenly Father. Big P set up the camper right outside and I'll get some time to go out there all by myself with nothing by my Bible, a big box of Kleenex, and some devotionals. I'm excited to see what God has for me as a wife and mother this year.
That's about it from me. Not sure how much I'll be posting over the next week or two. The decluttering challenge is 6 weeks long (I have 5 weeks left - the first week is a prep week).

*******UPDATE******** - I couldn't keep up posting on the Blessing Each Day blog and will shut it down eventually.


[Siggie.png]

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...