Monday, September 26, 2011

stuff gone for good

I have many notes started for a book that I intend to write - Minimizing when your Maxed out. I'll not go into that right now. This needs to be a short post so that I can get on with what I am intending to do.

In the last week I have decluttered 2 large van (we have a 12 passenger with the back seat out) of stuff from our house. "What was it," you might ask. I have no idea. I can distinctly remember getting rid of a 12 qt. roaster I used once and a quilt (I scanned it for posterity's sake before sending it on its way). The quilt was given to us by the local quilt guild when our 7 year old had his tubes put in 6+ years ago. It was sweet, but too small for anyone to use.

Here are a few pics of the piles I have made and toted promptly to the van for transferring to the Mercy Closet (at church):








Much of the motivation to rid our home of this large amount of stuff came from this great mini-guide from Simplify 101. Then I started getting really serious and started thinking "minimalism" and bought the book The Joy of Less.

The thing is... I'm so not finished and that is why I have started this blog.

In Him,
Christine

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...