So, as I start this journey, I'd like to take you alongside me. If only to encourage you to do this for yourself and to give you an idea of what kind of family we are and what kind of children we have.
So, here are our priorities for homeschooling, compiled by Big P and I, in as close to an order from greatest to least as is possible for us. I truly feel that some of these are at the same level, but I'm not willing to do a fancy diagram to explain it. Haha!
- to know the Savior and have a strong Biblical worldview
- to learn the Scriptures and memorize some of them
- to be wise and discerning
- to have a heart to serve others
- boys: practical life skills girls (just 1 right now): to manage a home efficiently and with passion
- be hard workers
- to be able to teach themselves whatever they desire to know
- to read well and express themselves well through writing
- figure out their special gifts and talents
- give correct change $ (interesting how this made it in, huh?! I worked at Sonic)
- love learning
- go through the normal subjects so they can pass tests when necessary
I hope to take you further on this journey with me and I would highly recommend the book. Image is linked to Amazon, but I got it locally at a homeschool store near me. Paid a bit more there, but I feel like the advice and general mom help I got was worth the extra dollars. Plus, I didn't pay shipping, so it really wasn't that much of a difference.
And one more thing that I forgot to add into my last post. This is what we gave our family for Christmas. Sweet hubby forgot to mail his dad's to him, but it is coming, I promise!