Saturday, October 1, 2011

Decluttered: Socks, Shoes, and T-shirts

I didn't get much done today, but yesterday I did tackle the socks and t-shirts. More on that in a minute. Today I got rid of 2 pairs of shoes (one from me and 1 from Pete) and threw away 1. As in one shoe. I'm not sure where the other is. I haven't been able to unearth it from the closet yet. I guess I'll tackle that when I'm through with the 30 day bootcamp. Looking over the next 20 days or so, I don't think we cover things like: musical instruments, valentine's for next year's valentine's party, or gun gear.

Socks. Wow. Apparently by my own laundry habits (or lack thereof) I've turned my husband into a hoarder.

Before:


After: The bottom right socks are for Winter.


T-shirts. Before: (I basically took 3 drawers out of the dresser and dumped them on our bed)


After:

I threw away 18 shirts and gave away 3. I'm serious. All of this with Pete's permission, of course. He actually picked what he wanted to keep and he didn't pick many.


Over the years we have figured out what we like to wear. He likes white t-shirts with a v-neck. So, he got rid of almost everything else except the ones he likes to wear outside of the house. Then he added Hanes V-neck white tshirts to the grocery list for the next time I go. Why do we keep things in our closet that we don't like to wear? I have no issues purchasing a pack of t-shirts even though he was happy to wear the other ones - because he prefers hanes v-neck. It's the little things in life that make life a little easier. Right?

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...