However, I did make it through the middle closet. Now this is just the once over. There are a few more things to get out of there, but this was the major stuff.
Paige uses this as her closet... the linen closet... the dress up clothes closet... the closet with the door which was removed from another closet...you get the idea. Pete told me he knew it was bad because he kept throwing things in there. Shame! lol
Paige went through all the stuff in that plastic bin on top. To the left of that is the sheets that I am keeping plus one throw blanket. The white bin has most of Paige's shoes in it. She got rid of one pair but the rest she really does wear regularly - even white after labor day! Shame! (I'm shaming a lot of people tonight, huh?) The silver bin has dress up clothes. She cut that in 1/2.
Here's the evidence of what I parted with. I also had one full bag of trash.
You might be wondering what I kept.
- We have 5 twin beds, 1 crib, and 1 king. I kept one fitted sheet for each twin plus one extra for accidents. If we have two sick children at one time, they will go on the floor. We don't put flat sheets on the twin beds and haven't for years. I donated them last year, I believe. I kept 3 crib sheets. We go through them more often with leaky diapers and such. Two sets of king sheets. We always tend to change our sheets right before going to bed - which makes it pretty difficult to wash, dry, and replace them. I'm saving myself that headache.
- I put fleece tie blankets into the camper - one each for the younger 4 children.
- I put a fitted sheet for each bed in the camper plus a blanket for the queen bed.
- Actually, I didn't put anything in the camper - I sent the helpers to the camper with the loads. Brason (7) held the flashlight.
- I parted with a lot. There was simply too much stuff, evidenced by the pictures!
- Josefina stayed as did her clothing. This was a special gift and reminder of the Lord's provisions one Christmas for Paige. It was gifted to us by another family whose daughter had gotten years of use from it. Noelle will get it when she is old enough to take care of it and not brush it's hair. My mother-in-love replaced it's head once. A week later Paige brushed the hair out. I could have died. I'll replace the head soon - I bet they retire her soon.
- There are various other bits and pieces in the closet but everything is something we are using or will use - like the lamp up there. I'm going to repurpose that on my nightstand!
My hubby made it through Marine bootcamp. Surely I can do this. I know I can, but not sure if I want to. It's seriously making a bigger mess, I think. Do I need a bigger mess? I'm also missing things, pieces. Like I know there are more dress up clothes and blankets. Ugh, I don't think I want to think about it. Just have to do it for another day. That won't be the end but it will be another day.
Goal for tomorrow: kitchen towels, dishcloths, bath towels, hand towels, washrags, more of my clothes.