Thursday, July 8, 2010

Quilting: Class 130 - Project 1

I finished my first quilt top. I love the way it turned out, which is not exactly how the pattern was meant to go. In the book, Harriet suggests that you make an extra set of strips based on your usable fabric length (if the usable fabric length isn't quite enough). I made the extra strips, but didn't need them. This cut into the the fabric I needed from my squares. So, with my sweet hubby's help, we came up with a pattern to replace several of the blue squares with scraps from the other fabric. There are prints on the corners (supposed to be blue squares) and there are 4 green squares in the center (also supposed to be blue squares). His mathematical brain helped me figure out where things needed to go to be symmetrical. Then he laughed and complained that it was too much math. Ha!

I'm very pleased with the way it turned out, but the best part of this quilt is yet to come - THE BORDER!! Unfortunately the border isn't introduced until Class 180. I'm chomping at the bit at having a UFO (UnFinished Object) in my stash already, but I don't want to get ahead of myself since the book is a skill-building book.

My next project is a quilt for L.4. I'm fussy cutting 50 squares of adorable fabric to go into this quilt.

I just finished making up a new schedule for our family so that we can get back on track with our time. Of course we won't follow it to a "T" with times and such, but I'm going to try to get close because our days run much smoother when we do - even if the initial training period is torture!

Here's the quilt (pardon my adorable husband's handsome hands :P ) -



post signature

1 comment :

Amy Kirby said...

LOL. I thought it was C holding the quilt at first. This really made me laugh! Hope to get to see all of y'all soon1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...