Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tropical Blackberry Smoothie Recipe

Did a little experimenting last night with a smoothie and came up with something that was really great! Had another one tonight. Here it is - let me know what you think.

Tropical Blackberry Smoothie

1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 banana
1 small handful of blackberries
1 very small handful of mango (I never really put this in my hand - it comes straight from the freezer bag into the blender)
2 good sized Romaine lettuce leaves
2 tablespoons raw virgin coconut oil

Put everything in the blender in this order, except the coconut oil. Do the momentary blending thing a few times to get it started then "let 'er rip". After everything is nice and smooth, drizzle in the coconut oil. If you don't - you will get "blackberry smoothie a la coconut mode", which would be very gross and hard to drink.

I'm thinking about letting the kids eat more "junk" for dinner. Okay, let me explain that. I make 3 very solid, balanced meals a day for my kids. It's a huge treat to get bagel bites for dinner once a month. But, I'm trying to tweak things a bit and make things a little easier for myself (per hubby's request) and honestly get tired of pb&j (even with natural peanut butter) and stuff like that. So, I'm going to be having a smoothie for dinner myself and giving them the "other stuff". I'm awful aren't I?! LOL

Let me know what you think of the recipe. I think it's going to become a favorite around here!!!

Joyfully busy at home,
Christine

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...