Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Learning how to sew!


Not me, but P.8.G.!! I've been teaching her how to sew in small increments over the past month and a half or so. We are using the Stitches & Pins book. I love the way it is set up and now they have a devotional to go right along with it. It really is wonderful!!

P.8.G. went away on a wonderful Mama/Daughter Getaway. We squeezed in a lot of sewing time while away and she learned many things! We don't have a picture of her current project, but here is what she has already done.




She made 3 pillowcases - 2 with lace (one for a friend, and one for herself), then she made 1 without lace for her little brother's 2nd birthday. :)



This is her Bible cover. I helped her get the ribbon handles put on there, but she really did the rest by herself!



She made this bookcover for her Elsie Densmore book and did it all by herself!

Needless to say, I'm very proud of her. She is currently working on a denim tote bag with cute cherries all over it.

Serving Him at home,
Christine

2 comments :

heather mulcahey howard said...

Wow that is so great that you can teach her and she can also have a daily devotion along with it. I will have to learn how to sew!!!
safehugs,
heather mulcahey howard

Grandma Jones said...

I am so proud of my P.
I love you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...